STUDENT WEBSITES AND HOMEWORK HELP
Don't forget to teach someone at home some of our math games:
1. Changing Places
2. Close to 1,000
3. Close to 100
4. Close to 0
5. Place Value Dice Game
Check out these fun websites to help you practice
Current Math Unit 1
Place Value, Addition and Subtraction
4th Grade Standards for this unit
Unit of Study
1: Place Value and Addition and Subtraction of Multidigit Numbers
Length of Unit
22 days (August 24-September 23, 2015)
Number and Operations in Base Ten (4.NBT)
Generalize place value understanding for multidigit whole numbers. (Major) [ELG.MA.4.NBT.A]
4. NBT.1: Recognize that in multidigit whole numbers, a digit in one place represent ten times what it represents in the place to its right (for example, recognize that 700 ÷ 70 = 10 by applying concepts of place value and division).
4. NBT.2: Read and write multidigit whole numbers using base-ten numerals, number names, and expanded form. Compare two multidigit numbers based on the meaning of the digit in each place using >, =, and < symbols to record comparison results.
4. NBT.3: Use place value understanding to round multidigit whole numbers to any place.
Use place value understanding and properties of operations to perform multidigit arithmetic. (Major) [ELG.MA.4.NBT.B]
4. NBT.4: Fluently add and subtract multidigit whole numbers using standard algorithm.
4.OA.4 Fluently add and subtract multidigit whole numbers using standard algorithm
Standards for Mathematical Practice
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
4. Model with mathematics.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
GRADE 4 COMMON CORE MATHEMATICAL STANDARDS
GRADE 4 COLORADO STATE MATHEMATICAL STANDARDS